- Assist in the daily operations of the department including but not limited to:
- Thoroughly clean and maintain department facility and its equipment.
- Perform lawn care and snow removal as needed.
- Ability to operate large trucks and heavy equipment.
- Pick up/return parts as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to make practical application of department and OSHA safety policies and procedures, and ability to ensure proper operation and maintenance of Fleet Department.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding Town issues.
- Work requires occasional moderate to heavy lifting with occasional standing, bending and carrying. Subject to dust, grease, extreme temperatures, severe weather conditions, noise, fumes, vibrations, or moving parts. At times required to work under inclement weather conditions as vehicles are operated under all weather conditions, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- All other duties as assigned by Superintendent or his/her representative. This position will be subject to the rules, policies, and operating procedures established by the Town, as they may be amended from time to time. This position will NOT be repairing vehicles.
- Must be able to obtain an Indiana Class B Commercial Driver’s License, a demonstrated safe driving record, and must remain insurable through the Town’s liability insurance carrier.
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds with the use of Personal Safety Equipment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org