The ideal candidate will have municipal experience dealing with payroll processing, internal controls, bond compliance and public records requests. Attention to detail and focus on accuracy is a requirement.
- Performs routine clerical, record keeping, accounting, and administrative work in payroll, accounts payable, and general administration in the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office.
- Employs professional skills to collect, analyze and present financial data on a routine and/or periodic basis.
- Maintains the fixed assets ledger and the federal and state grants ledgers.
- Aids in the processing of bond payments and bond compliance.
- Composes, types and edits minutes and a variety of correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy and completeness.
- Employee will be responsible for preparing and verifying bi-weekly payrolls.
- Maintains all Town employee wage data, sick/vacation time, and employee deductions.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee’s federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Answers employees’ questions regarding payroll.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual payroll reports.
- Maintains employee confidences and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Associates Degree in business or related field or equivalent from two-year college or technical school is desired.
- Three year of increasingly responsible related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of payroll experience required preferably with Kronos timekeeping system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing equipment; working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; working knowledge of governmental accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately and quickly; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; ability to establish successful working relationships; ability to work under pressure and/or frequent interruption.
- Must be bondable.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org