Development Director – Full Time
Sheltering Wings Center for Women is a domestic violence shelter in Danville, Indiana, serving Hendricks County and surrounding areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Development Director’s primary role is to secure the financial stability of Sheltering Wings in line with the Financial Integrity Statement. The Development Director oversees all aspects of fundraising planning and implementation including: corporate, foundation, and individual donor engagement, grant strategy and writing, special campaigns, and corresponding marketing/ communications.
Requirements for the Position:
1. Full commitment and dedication to the missions statement of Sheltering Wings
2. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in non-profit/fundraising, communications, public relations or business
3. Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience working in direct fundraising
4. Demonstrated success in corporate and individual gift cultivation and solicitation, event management and working with volunteers
5. Outstanding oral and written communication skills
6. Proven networking skills and relationship building
7. Strong in creative, planning, organizational and administrative skills
8. Ability to work flexible hours and events; can and will include some evenings and weekends
To apply for this position please send resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Operations Manager, Amy O’Hearn
PO Box 92, Danville, IN 46122
• Do you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in direct fundraising?
• Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in non-profit/fundraising, communications, public relations or business?
• Do you have the ability to work flexible hours and events; including some evenings and weekends?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Sheltering Wings
Sheltering Wings Center for Women is a domestic violence shelter in Danville, Indiana, serving Hendricks County and surrounding areas. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a Christ-centered philosophy that focuses on building stable, independent lives.
Our 68-bed shelter facility provides safe emergency housing and additional services for women and children suffering from any form of domestic abuse. Our 24-Hour Crisis Line (317-745-1496) connects victims of both genders and their advocates with help and resources.