Come work with Saint-Gobain and be a Rock Star!
Current Opening for Warehouse Warriors and a Proud Pickers!
If you are looking to be a Rock Star, the Order Picker/Material Handler maybe the career for you. Our associates handle and maintain the flow of materials and products in distribution areas according to established guidelines. Accurate storing, shipping, and receiving of product to meet the company standards of safety, security, and productivity. Must be able to operate motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment. Training provided! You just need to willingness to learn.
We have immediate openings on all shifts!
- Hourly pay starting at $15.85 plus shift differential pay on 2nd and 3rd shift
- Weekly payroll with a pay increase after completion of the 90-day Introductory Period
- Immediate Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Retirement – 401k & Accumulation Plan, Phone Plan Discounts, and many more Employee Perks!
- Monthly Bonuses based on Company Goals achieved
- Can earn $500 employee referral bonus
- Always work in a safe manner! Safety of our associates is our number one goal!
- Load, move, stack and unloads orders for on time customer service
- Operate material handling equipment to unload inbound shipments, store into locations, and efficiently pick orders then move product from outbound staging areas into trailers for shipment
- Efficiently picking orders and assembling product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and product ordered is packed and shipped free of damage
- Using voice pick and/or radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put-away and loading functions
- Performing other duties as assigned
STABLE WORK HISTORY & 1 Year of Distribution Experience Preferred
- Ability to read and effectively communicate in English, count accurately, perform simple math, write legibly and follow directions.
- Must have good visual acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
- Must have no adverse hearing loss that cannot be corrected with hearing aids.
- Ability to pass OSHA approved Crown material handling equipment certification.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to modest amounts of heat, cold, dust, noise, and vibrations.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, lift 30 lbs consistently, up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Ability to maintain a high level of frequency & intensity in other physical activities including, but not limited to reaching, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, stooping, kneeling & crouching.
- Pass post-offer background verification, physical and drug screen
- Must be prepared to work overtime after completion of on the job training.
High school diploma or equivalent, or the ability to obtain within one year of hire
Apply online at: https: https://joinus.saint-gobain.com/en
Apply in person from 9am – 11am & 1pm – 3pm, Monday – Friday at: 1001 Perry Rd., Plainfield, IN
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
About Saint-Gobain Abrasives
Saint-Gobain Abrasives is the world's largest Building Materials Company as well as a global leader in the production of high-performance materials. The Plainfield, IN distribution center supplies customers with sand paper, sanding belts, grinding belts, floor polishing pads, and much more.
The company has been certified as a Top Employer for its exceptional employee offerings and commitment to employee excellence, development and engagement. Only the world's leading employers become certified as Top Employers. With the addition of our recent Top Employer North America Certification, Saint-Gobain is now certified as a Top Employer in 21 countries. With 2015 sales of $44 billion, Saint-Gobain operates in 66 countries and has approximately 170,000 employees worldwide, all of whom are part of Saint-Gobain's culture of nurturing and developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
In North America, Saint-Gobain had sales of approximately $5.7 billion and employed approximately 14,000 people in 2015. The company has approximately 130 manufacturing plants throughout the United States and Canada. Saint-Gobain North American businesses include: CertainTeed Corporation (Malvern, Pennsylvania), Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, Massachusetts), Saint-Gobain Crystals (Hiram, Ohio), Saint-Gobain ADFORS (Grand Island, New York) and Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Solon, Ohio).