Saint-Gobain is hiring talented people who want a career with great benefits!
Now Hiring for Material Handlers/Pickers – 1st Shift -With Regular Over-Time
- Hourly pay starting at $13.08 plus shift differential pay on 2nd and 3rd shift
- Weekly payroll with a pay increase after completion of the 90-day Introductory Period
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement – 401k & Accumulation Plan, Legal Plan, and much more!
- Safely and accurately picks, loads, moves, stacks and unloads orders
- Operate Crown material handling equipment to unload inbound shipments safely and move product to locations and efficiently move product from outbound staging areas into trailers for shipment.
- Efficiently picking orders and assembling product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and product ordered is packed and shipped free of damage.
- Using voice pick and/or radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put-away and loading functions, as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and effectively communicate in English, count accurately, perform simple math, write legibly and follow directions
- Must have good visual acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
- Must have no adverse hearing loss that cannot be corrected with hearing aids.
- Ability to pass OSHA approved Crown material handling equipment certification.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to modest amounts of heat, cold, dust, noise, and vibrations.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, lift 30 lbs consistently, up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Ability to maintain a high level of frequency & intensity in other physical activities including, but not limited to reaching, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, stooping, kneeling & crouching.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Apply online at: https://www.saint-gobain-northamerica.com/careers
Apply in person from 9am – 11am & 1pm – 3pm, Monday – Friday at: 1001 Perry Rd., Plainfield, IN
Saint-Gobain Abrasives is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, minority/female/disability/covered veteran, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
About Saint-Gobain Abrasives
Saint-Gobain Abrasives is the world's largest Building Materials Company as well as a global leader in the production of high-performance materials. The Plainfield, IN distribution center supplies customers with sand paper, sanding belts, grinding belts, floor polishing pads, and much more.
The company has been certified as a Top Employer for its exceptional employee offerings and commitment to employee excellence, development and engagement. Only the world's leading employers become certified as Top Employers. With the addition of our recent Top Employer North America Certification, Saint-Gobain is now certified as a Top Employer in 21 countries. With 2015 sales of $44 billion, Saint-Gobain operates in 66 countries and has approximately 170,000 employees worldwide, all of whom are part of Saint-Gobain's culture of nurturing and developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
In North America, Saint-Gobain had sales of approximately $5.7 billion and employed approximately 14,000 people in 2015. The company has approximately 130 manufacturing plants throughout the United States and Canada. Saint-Gobain North American businesses include: CertainTeed Corporation (Malvern, Pennsylvania), Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, Massachusetts), Saint-Gobain Crystals (Hiram, Ohio), Saint-Gobain ADFORS (Grand Island, New York) and Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Solon, Ohio).