The Power Equipment Sales Manager is responsible for all sales operational functions at the assigned Rural King retail store location. Applicable product classes include, but are not limited to; tractors, tractor attachments & implements, mowers, log splitters, chainsaws, trimmers, leaf blowers, snow blowers, generators, transport trailers, ATVs/UTVs, and all related accessories and parts. Applicants must be able demonstrate extensive knowledge of power equipment, have a strong interest in the role, and understand competitive product offerings. Assisting customers through all aspects of the retail financing process is also required. A focus on meeting and exceeding sales forecasts is integral to the role.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead a dedicated power equipment sales team that includes power equipment sales specialists
- Assist customers with matching power equipment products to their specific applications and needs
- Assist customers throughout the retail financing process
- Conduct pre-delivery-inspection (PDI) processes with customers before product handoff
- Ensure that equipment displays and signage are set up and maintained to optimize sales
- Work with the associated product buyers to represent the RK store location in all matters related to local power equipment product management
- Ensure the safe use of equipment & tools
- Assist with receiving, movement and display of power equipment products
- Coordinate the delivery of equipment products to customers as needed
- Maintain the power equipment sales team work schedule to optimize coverage, and do so within payroll expense budgets as established by the store manager
- Expert knowledge and operational experience with power equipment
- Retail sales experience with a range of applicable power equipment products
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Will manage the Power Equipment Specialist team
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Power equipment product operation to include customer demonstrations
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate well with customers
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds repetitively
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
About Rural King
Rural King, also known as RK Holdings, LLP, is America’s Farm and Home Store, a General Merchandise Store, providing essentials to the communities we serve. More specifically, we provide a broad range of necessities, essential goods, food, feed, seed and other farm and home products. Rural King planted its roots in Mattoon, Illinois in 1960. Since that time, Rural King has added over 100 stores in a thirteen-state area (Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, West Virginia and Virginia). The heart of Rural King is the corporate office, distribution center and flagship store, located in its city of origin, Mattoon IL.
We welcome visitors, and encourage you to come in and take part in our 50 year tradition by enjoying a free bag of popcorn and cup of coffee on us.
Our locations have an outstanding product mix with items such as livestock feed, farm equipment, agricultural parts, lawn mowers, workwear, fashion clothing, housewares and toys. You never know what you will find at your local Rural King and that’s why every trip is an adventure. Our friendly staff is dedicated to serving your needs and can help you find whatever you’re looking for.