- Disassemble transmissions and differentials as needed for unit down orders
- Perform a visual inspection of the unit and locate damaged, worn or poorly adjusted parts.
- complete the transmission or differential repair, using manufacturer’s procedures and O.E. specifications. Typically this involves replacing gears, grinding teeth or other component parts to ensure a clean flow, re-installing countershaft or other connected parts, and re-installing the cover.
- Test completed transmission or differential for noise, oil leaks, air leaks, ease of manual shift, and shifting of range system using the simulator
- Ability to diagnose the reasons for transmission and differential failure and the steps necessary to correct the condition.
Understand the mechanical makeup, operation, and working relationships of variety of heavy duty systems and models
- Determine if issues/failures are warrantble or not
- Communicate service updates to other team members
- At least 5 years experience in a heavy duty automotive shop
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of trucks, truck components, vehicle applications, failure analysis, progressive damage, and component abuse
- Knowledge of standard repair processes
- knowledge of heavy duty transmission and differential diagnostic processes
- Work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to meet extreme deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Eaton Certified a plus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com